York County Economic Development is the primary organization responsible for retaining and growing business and industry in York County. Our mission is to serve the people of York County by helping to create and support a business friendly environment that welcomes new corporations and helps existing companies to grow and succeed.
Our services include:
- Relocation assistance and tax incentives
- Maintaining and developing an inventory of available buildings and sites
- Demographic and market research
- Utility information requests
- Workforce training assistance
- Familiarization tours and site visits
- Existing industry retention and expansion services
- Coordinating local, state and private economic development efforts
The York County Economic Development department is an office of York County and is governed by the County Council of York County. The Executive Director and his staff are advised by the 17 member Economic Development Board appointed by the York County Council.
York County is a member of the Charlotte Regional Partnership, a nonprofit, public/private economic development organization representing the 16 county Charlotte Region.
York County is a member of the South Carolina I-77 Alliance, a nonprofit economic development coalition of York, Chester, Fairfield and Richland Counties, formed in 2013 to promote the I-77 business corridor in South Carolina.
We work closely with economic development partners including the South Carolina Department of Commerce, local municipalities, utility providers and the six York County area chambers of commerce.